Thursday, December 8, 2011

Buellwood Weaver and Fiber Guild meeting November 21


We had a fun day at Finlandia's fiber lab on Monday November 21, we met at noon and hand painted our prepared cotton or tencel warps for our Bookmark project.
Eve had all the dyes mixed and ready to go about 15 beautiful colors to choose from. We each painted our 2 inch warp.... some 3 yards long and some 10 yards long.
I was so busy painting my warps that I forgot to take out my camera and take some pics to share.
the dyes were instant color and only needed to be allowed to rest for 24 to 48 hours to set.
It was an easy and fun project.
I am told Eve has her book marks almost woven. Lorraine was warping her loom the last time I talked to her.

My warps (shown here) are laying near my loom waiting for the 4 hand towels I am weaving to be finished. Of course I ran out of Cottolin that I was using for the weft so needless to say I had - yes had to order more yarn from the Yarn Barn to finish the project. Of course ordering only one cone is never worth the trouble. So I now have 4 or 5 more cones coming.... More towels to weave.

Rats the order won't be sent out until Monday.



After our meeting was over and our warps wrapped to take home. We took the time to view the art at the Reflection Gallery at the Jutila Center on the Finlandia Campus. It was an interesting exhibit made from old - T Shirts by the Artist Margaret Parker from Ann Arbor Michigan.
It is a fun exhibit!
Join us for our Christmas Lunch on Monday December 12th at the Library Restaurant in Houghton Michigan 12:00 noon. No gift exchange this year.
January we will be having a Knit edging demo by some of our members and will continue to plan for our Spring workshop.
See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!