Sunday, May 17, 2020

April fools NO - NO meeting again this month

Wow I am so inspired! not only did we have great show and tell form our guild members for April. Which I am finally getting around to posting since I have been busy trying to finish some UFO's before summer arrives and I want to be outside on the beach.

But today I watched a Zoom Noon Chat with Mary Sue Fenner live from her Studio in Abrams WI.
This video was put on the Wisconsin Quilt Museum  Face book page and if you missed this tour of her studio, her history and garments. you can catch the Chat in full soon on their facebook above. As well as few other Friday Noon Chats planned for the next few weeks.

If you can please try to send larger photos from your cell phone for our blog! coming pretty soon. I can't wait to see all the creative work form our talented guild  as you can see some come across to small and if enlarged are very fuzzy.


Clare's fabric on loom for MS Fenner workshop

 Clare
I've also been making masks, finished and mailed a knitted birthday cardigan for my sister (Omba cardigan on Ravelry in wool/cotton blend from Green Mountain Spinnery), and have continued weaving off my yardage for my jacket (Finnish Bird's Eye draft from Davison). Will probably try my hand at a wearable muslin with non-handwoven yardage while waiting for the jacket class to be rescheduled.
 Clare's sister's sweater




Outlandish Capelet
Denise

I Finished knitting an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise jacket. But need to find some buttons. Finished knitting an "Outlandish Capelet" made from a kit from a friend. 
While is Arkansas this winter sewed many diapers made from t-shirts and sanitary pads for a mission in Nicaragua.  Working on a quilt for my daughter. 

Baby Surprise Jacket


Jimalee
Arne and Carlos Mitts
It's good to be in touch with you and see all your lovely projects.  I've finished my Arne and Carlos mittens; 
I made a hat which you see being blocked on a dinner plate; made another little hat for a new born (April 15) whose name is Roselyn, aka Rosie; 
felted basket
I knitted and felted an Easter basket for my niece and her two daughters (filled with with boxwood for grass and onion skinned dyed eggs)! and knitted little socks just picking up some stash and knitting in the car.  We're stuck in Tennessee, trying to get home, but are unsure of driving back as yet.  But, the Tennessee weather is great.  



                                              
 Jon's wooden boards
 

Marilyn
I've been weaving a few tea towels on the guild 8 shaft.
Also, crocheted a couple market bags.
Jon did a couple more boards...until his table saw died!



Towels by Marilyn
Marilyn's towels



crocheted market bags
Karen T

I've been sewing and donating masks as well, but took a break to get back to my basketry business as many want kits from cancelled classes. I'm doubting that any of my classes will run the rest of the year, they're dropping like flies as well as the summer festivals. I plan to continue organizing and focusing on my own creative ideas if I can get caught up on teaching proposals and kit orders!

I've been knitting's too! I made the Newfie hat with a combination of yarns, the lighter is handspun, with a bit of silk in it I bought at the Marquette Farmers Market last summer. I JUST finished the shawl which is Falkland Island Handspun from a spinner on Washington Island. I had to order another hank and wait a while for it to be able to finish. I'm glad I went with the larger size. I need to figure a way to pin it together. I love the colors and look, and I'm sure blocking will help it out as well.




Kathie

The first a picture of some of the masks I have been making for friends- grocery workers - family and cancer patients.



This 3rd is a very complicated (for me)19 project that took me more than a week to get on my loom. Delighted I did it. Hope to finish before stay at home is over. Called: Texas Bluebonnets. Again this is lovely I wish the pictures sent from cell phones were larger.



Laura  While in Florida Laura has been Quilting. I think this Gypsy Quilt is the prettiest I Quilt I have ever seen... almost makes me want to start Quilting! then again weaving patterns are enough careful planning for me.

Melissa  M
Tencel scarves from January/February handwoven 2017 page 47
 
 

On right pillow material made with wool dyed by Dawn! 



On left 10/2  Cotton pattern from March/April 2020 page 38
This pattern is also a great project in Handwoven. 

Melissa's punch needle projects
which still need to be finished.
These are amazing!
Melissa's Guild in California had a presentation from Carol James in Winnipeg Canada about sprang. It's absolutely fascinating it's a kind of braiding that is very elastic when finished Carol is an excellent teacher per Melissa. If you have time check out her website.
For more information, and for educational materials, I'd like to direct people to my website

Melissa L 
 I finally finished up some "antique" warp on these rag rugs.  We are locked-down in Norway, being responsible citizens, but I haven't noticed much difference in my life style actually. We understand!


 Mary's
 show and tell is her knit a long in progress with Arne and Carlos Quarantine Knit Along which is still on their blog although Carlos had the virus and is very weak even in recovery and they needed to take a break.

Arne and Carlos Quarantine Knitting
More masks completed.

I made a few masks with fat quarters I will never use, mostly for family and friends.


Last of all the finished Bomberet Towels from handwoven
March April 2015 pg 38




Shades of India towels

Phyllis
 Here is what I have been working on this month. I draped the pattern and constructed it with fabric that was a gift to me many many years ago from a friend who was in the guild, Marilyn Mason.. Still need to make button holes and hem it. It has been a good demonstration piece for my students.


A great Finnish article about a


 Poppy

AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU WILL BE GROWING WILLOW |    Another Salley garden in the UP.   
I think that I have finished my random willow with looped fiber overlay.  Its a project I could add more to, but I think its done.  Used fibers/warp from the retreat that was cut from Laura's card loom project.  the gold and yellow brought it together. 
I also crochet a little Yoda.
 I am Still working but my husband is not so with his extra help around the house I have had some extra time for projects. The last is a slow stitching in the works on eco dyed silk. 


See you online next week, I hope we have another great show and tell for May!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!