Thursday, February 15, 2024

January 2024 meeting Mending

January in the UP has been very warm and we have little to no snow. I tried to attend our guild meeting 60 miles away, but found it was a total white out on my drive as soon as I left Ontonagon. I decided to turn around and return home. But Clare and Phyllis sent me the photos they took and a bit of information.  

We had a nice turn out for our January meeting 

Elaine ordered the mending loom and learned how to use it so she could demonstrate it for the guild. She then passed it around so our members could try it out.


I did not hear if they were impressed with this little loom. I will let you know if there are any comments.


 David is talking with a couple who raise sheep and want advice on wool preparation.  


Elaine introducing the mending loom
https://www.temu.com/1pc-small-loom-weave-tool-mending-loom-diy-textile-tools-darning-machine-loom-makes-stitching-mending-tools-for-jeans-clothes-g-601099513011829.html?_x_sessn_id=og38npph7h&refer_page_name=bgn_verification&refer_page_id=10017_1708017690300_k8bkmmz8dx&refer_page_sn=10017&no_cache_id=qgsxt




Mending loom up close






Elaine demonstrating the mending loom


 Our next meeting is Saturday 2/17 same place, same time. It is show and tell month, so bring all your projects and questions if you have any.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!