Friday, June 17, 2011

Getting Ready for Northern Wefts 2011

I started this Blog June 12th 2011 but did not get it posted. I had to stop to read about all the great Memorial Awards the St Louis Guild has donated for the Members Exhibit and the Fashion show.

I had a good day June 12th. I got my loom warped for my preconference workshop. Used Kati's trapeze method modified by Mary. It was slick... I beamed on 5 yards in less than an hour... and threaded the heddles in about 2 hours with a stretching break.

I finished adding beads to my Copper silk Scarf; Most Committee chairs will be wearing a copper colored Scarf. So look for the scarf if you have a question. These will be the people to ask, they may not have all the answers but they will know who can help you and how to find them. Also some of us may be wearing the White Ida Kromer if this cool weather holds through next week.

You might want to bring along a sweater or light jacket for our cool evenings. Then you might want a small fan JUST in Case we end up getting a hot spell. One day 80 the next day 50. Sounds like it will be high 60’s next week, kind of cool for June.

Lots of last minute questions from our 343 attendees expected for Northern Wefts 2011. We are trying to answer all of them the best we can. I am off to Hancock on Sunday see you soon.

The Conference programs were printed last week, the tote bags are off the press. Filled with all the goodies and ads and coupons for local restaurants and businesses. Along with your conference program that will tell you where and when things will be happening. The conference merchandise is ready for Sunday. Yes this sunday registration starts at 3 pm at the Jutila Center in Hancock

Mary Sue Fenner has finalized the ‘Superior Seasons’ Fashion show Program, and is planning the fashion show while she is carefully packing all her garments.

I got the shuttle service between MTU and Finlandia set up. The shuttle will be running every day 7 am to 5 pm and between 9:00 pm and 10:30 pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

Travel safely and we will see you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!