Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Laurie Boyer 's Fiber Mini Sessions

A new experience in Spinning Icicle, Teardrop and Bobble yarns with Laurie Boyer


I was so excited to find these pics of Laurie Boyer's work to share with you.
Laurie will be teaching 3 mini sessions at Northern Wefts 2011 in June 2011 at Finlandia University in Hancock Michigan.
Laurie lives in Green Bay and spends a lot of time spinning, She graciously offered to teach me to spin when I was a new member of the Traveling Treadlers Spinning and Weaving Guild in Green Bay. Laurie won at least 2 Majacraft spinning wheels by entering the Majacraft's Innovations in Handspun Fibre Competition in 2003 and 2005 in which she won the Supreme Award for those years.

Laurie is a great teacher, I went to her house and listened to relaxing music and learned to spin, I learned a great deal from her. But when I saw her resent knit garment on a web page I could not help myself - I had to share it with all my fiber friends.

I believe this is Jacob fleece lock yarn, Laurie's knitting skills are unbelievable.

She will be teachingMN801 'Laurie's Lock Yarn' and MN601 'Laurie's Slub Yarn' mini sessions and as something different she will be teaching a MN904 'Wild Felting' class that I believe will be 3 dimensional felting.




Join us in June 2011 for a new experience in Spinning and felting, and sign up for one of Laurie's classes.

Some new pictures of Laurie' s knit items with the Laurie's Slub yarn and Lock Yarn arrived and I would like to share them with you.

Wrap As Snood

gauntlet by Laurie:




Spiral Sweater with Cotwold Lock Collar an example of Laurie's Lock Yarn.



Join Laurie at Northern Wefts 2011 for one of these amazing classes. June 23-25 2011 at Finlandia University in Hancock Michigan. Midwest Weavers Conference 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!